Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sometimes Your Just Tired...PERIOD.

Right now I'm so tired that I can hardly keep my eyes open, and it's only 9:07 pm.

I'm not tired because I'm sick or because my blood sugar is high, it's not. I'm tired because physically, this Chick is spent.

Sometimes in this life, a telephone poll is just a telephone poll & a diabetic is tired because she's just had a crazy couple of days or an incredibly hectic week.

The fact that we as diabetics can be tired due to life & have it not be blood sugar related is not only comforting to me, IT'S FREAKING AWESOME!

Comforting because like those in this world with perfect pancreases, we can work; play, and deal with the unexpected crap that life throws our way, and still have good numbers.

Awesome, because being tired doesn't just represent the bad.
No, tired can represent living an active existence, a busy mind, and an imagination that is running overtime. All represent good health -That golden ring we all try & reach for.

Being tired can mean that we are embracing life and all its wonderful highs, while acknowledging the lows. Learning from them, and moving pasting them.

Kinda like this thing called Diabetes.

6 comments:

Naomi said...

Okay, I'm waiting to hear about the exciting activities over the past few days that have made you tired! I have to live vicariously!!

k2 said...

Naomi -
Nothing exciting - no need to live vicariously.
The past few days was filled with work and and trying to book some stand - up.
Oh yeah, my car was broken into -nothing was taken - it was just annoying. I also traveled between two states in 2 days, and picked up someone from the airport, which was crazy busy due to the holiday weekend.
I'm also Attempting to write a proposal. Just basic, every day mundane stuff.

But to know that my blood sugars remained normal among the chaos, was like a ray of awesomeness guiding me through everything that came my way.

I was grateful for the normal, even if the normal was driving me nuts.
k2

Penny Ratzlaff said...

I found you from a comment on my blog.

I'll be adding a link to you if that's OK.

Glad I found you.

k2 said...

Penny -
Thanks for stopping by! I think it's great that you're adding me to your Blog Roll and I will add a link to yours as well!
Glad I found u2!
Kelly K

Windy said...

Well said! Hope you're feeling better soon. I'll add you to my blog roll.

k2 said...

Windy -
Thanks - glad u agree!
I've added your blog to my Roll as well!
k2