Every single time I think about (or attempt to start) basal testing, that’s the line that goes through my head- cause I'm weird like that. Sidebar: I LOVE the movie AIRPLANE!
But seriously- it looks like I picked the wrong week to start basal testing.
As of late, my numbers have been all over the place. I’ve been running low after dinner straight on towards midnight and waking up with high numbers the past 3 days.
The Trend graph on my borrowed CGM looks like the letter M, except of course when it looks like the letter W.
I’m not used to this crap- my a1cs are normally around 6.8. Is this what 6.8 looks like?
I don’t bloody think so!
I’m getting frustrated for several reasons, all of them valid.
- I don’t like the thought of not eating and I don’t like the thought of being still.
- Lets face it, the morning high numbers are not the best way to kick start my day folks.
- There’s a chance that I might be fighting off an infection that’s causing these highs (I have to get a molar pulled and my sinuses are still clogged,) and there’s also a good chance that I’m just making excuses for said blood sugar highs.
- Basal testing during the Easter weeks makes it difficult to enjoy Sunday’s carrot cake.
- I have a meeting with Gary next week to discuss my basal rates and have to turn in my borrowed cgm, so the whole window of testing my basal rates is running out and I need to take my “big girl” pill and get on with it. So I am.
Today’s basal test will commence at 1pm and last until 10pm. No eating, lots of blood sugar testing, and of course, uber amounts of bitching on my end, which should make work veeerrrryyy interesting~
“We have clearance Clarence.” Proceed with the basal testing- and don't call me Shirley!
War is hell - so is basal testing…