But then life got busy with diaversaries, National Diabetes Month and World Diabetes Day, and then there was the holidays.....OK, I kinda let it sit on my shelf of diabetes products for review.
And FINALLY, right after I wrote my post, I decided to use it!
I have to admit, it was much easier than I thought it would be.
Actually - IT"S SUPER EASY TO USE!
The test kit contained two tests (there were actually 2 pouches, each containing a test complete with a shaker for the tiny amount of blood required and a test cartridge that slid into place on the tester), a lancing device (that didn’t hurt,) and an instructional DVD that had instructions in both English and Spanish.
YES, the box does say 6.3 *SIGH*
Like I said, from start to finish, the whole test took 5 minutes.
Ah yes, the familiar 7.3 - The same exact number as my last A1C from the lab 5 months ago.
The very same number that has become both my stalker and the bane of my existence.
Perhaps I should play the lottery and only choose numbers that can be onlyderived from 7.3
Maybe 7.3 should become more war cry???
Being considered a 10 means your a babe, and that you can run in slow motion in real life.
And lord knows I've aspired both -She said sarcastically between snarky laughs!
When I Googled 7.3 for shits and giggles, the Ford Powerstroke 7.3L Turbo Diesel Engine was the first thing that came up? Hmmmm, interesting.
The first non Ford Powerstroke 7.3L Turbo Diesel item that came up was the 2003 movie Identity, starring John Cusack - VERY INTERESTING!
Perhaps the universe is trying to tell me that my body is like an engine and that John Cusack is my…. mechanic? Why yes indeed powers of the universe that be, I certainly think that John Cusack could rev up my engine quite nicely, but that’s for another post entirely ;)
The good news:
- Bayer’s A1C At Home Test is super easy to use
- Even though I’m not thrilled with the number 7.3, at least I know where I’m starting and where I need to go
- I have my endo appointment in 6 weeks, which means I have some time to get the number down. I’m going to aim for 6.9/7.0
- In five weeks, I’ll go to my lab and get my A1C blood work drawn for my Endo appointment, and then I’ll take give the 2nd Bayer A1cNow At-Home A1c test a try and see how they match up!
- Hope floats, diabetes technology is KEY to our good health, and I have both!
All in all, not a terrible place to be.