Monday, November 26, 2012

Infusion Set/Site As A Disney Character.....

As you're all so very well aware, sometimes my mind works in some really weird ways.
FOR INSTANCE: 


If infusion sets could be a Disney character - My current one would be Mary Poppins
If we lived in some weird alternate universe where my current infusion set/site worked for Disney as one of their famous characters - It would be Mary Poppins, because this particular infusion set is practically perfect in every way - And dare I go so far as to say it’s Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

This particular infusion set didn’t hurt to put in on Saturday afternoon. Honestly, I barely felt it, and the site doesn’t itch at all and absorbs insulin like a subcutaneous dream. 
So much so that I’ve been running darn near normal blood sugars since Saturday night. Part of me is wondering if my pancreas has been somehow shocked into producing the odd beta cell or 2..... And the other part of me knows that nothing lasts forever & that like whether we’re talking infusion sets/sites or life - All good things must come to an end.

 Infusion Set/Site Nirvana is fleeting and I know that my time with this current infusion site is short. 
The edges on one side are starting to unstick ever so slightly & my reservoir is slowing being drained of the elixir of life called insulin. Very soon I will need to say Sayonara and rotate on to the next site. 
And as I'm sitting here waxing poetic about the soon to be "infusion set/site  that was," I have feeling that if my infusion set /site could talk it would get all Mary Poppins on me and say: Why do you always complicate things that are really quite simple? Just change the damn site already! 
Well, Mary would probably leave the "damn" part out - but you know what I mean! ;) 

Anyway: "Goodbye, Mary Poppins. Don't stay away too long."

No comments: