Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Crazy April & Playing Catch-Up

Sorry for being MIA as of late guys, but April was a whirlwind for me and playing catch-up with life is taking longer than I thought. 
I travelled to and attended 3 inspiring conferences in April - and whose posts are finally being written now.  
FTR: I tried following American Airlines advice re: seat exercises during my April flights,
but the exercises above actually required leg room, and there was none.
Things got awkward quick.
 
#IwishPeopleKnewThatDiabetes Day occurred two days after I returned from my last conference and it was AMAZING.
I've had slew of writing assignments and you bet your funky pancreas I’m grateful for the work and the deadlines! 

Speaking of writing assignments and traveling, I wrote this piece about diabetes and traveling for MangoHealth.com, and I’d be ever so grateful if you’d click HERE and give it a read! 

I’ve also been trying to prepare myself for wrist and hand surgery that’s scheduled for May 17th. 
Getting pre-surgery clearance from my Doctors, trying to organize and clean my house so 
I don’t have to worry about that kind of stuff when my flipper’s stitched and bandaged. Completing deadlines so they won’t be hanging over my head while I’m recovering, practicing making and eating dinner with on one hand - that kind of stuff. 

Then there’s the whole “I’ve never had surgery,” thing. 
Yep, I’m slightly freaked and for several reasons.
  1. Did I mention that I’ve never had surgery before? 
  2. It’s my dominant hand
  3. I have some concerns re: with infusion site changes. 
But I’ve put the surgery off long enough and I can’t wait to be done with it. 
And even though I'm scared - BRING. IT. ON.

A short update for sure, but more meaty blog posts to follow in the next few days~ 

1 comment:

Rick Phillips said...

I tried those seat exercises and ended up on the floor with my pump tube wrapped around the flight attendants legs. Ok I was not doing the seat exercises I was having a low, but it was fun until I woke up in Charlotte. Of course, I was going to Orlando when I got on the plane. Oh well.

I referred your blog to the TUDiabetes web page for the week of May 2, 2016.