Friday, May 19, 2017

Diabetes Blog Week Day 5: More Than My Diabetes


Sandbar at sunset.
Photographed as found.
Today is the last day of Diabetes Blog Week (THANK YOU KAREN,) and it's all about our passions besides diabetes
#########
I am more than just my diabetes and I certainly have other interests besides diabetes. 
I love cooking and love cooking for others.
I love traveling and I need to do more.
Children and animals make me smile and I try and spend as much time as I can with both.
Like my mother and her mother before her, I love gardening and growing things. 
Getting my hands dirty and growing veggies and flowers from seeds, to sprouts, to full bloom and on the vine make me feel accomplished, peaceful and whole.
Books have been my life long friends, going to the movies is and attending plays are important to my my emotional well-being. Speaking of, I love performing and I miss it. 
Yours truly is a fan of all things sparkly because I am my mothers daughter.
I have a large collection of antique jewelry (some real, mostly costume, all sentimental) spanning the decades and I love learning about and finding new pieces. 
My collection adds flair to my most basic outfits - as well as my most fab.
Native American jewelry are stories in silver and stone and I love learning and wearing those stories. 

The beach and the ocean bring me peace  - I love being in and on the water - along the shore and in the waves are where I feel most free and centered.

Same goes for art in all mediums, though photography is the one I actually work in.
I LOVE  photography. 
Taking photographs is way for me to see the world through different lenses and perspectives - it’s also my therapy.

There was at time I loved to have my picture taken - now I like to be the one taking the pictures.
Some of my photos are in this post and I hope they make you smile!
Stormy seas.  
Autumn on the beach~

Rodin's "The Thinker."
Philadelphia, PA

The Women's March/1/2017
Architectural Details
Salad Days~
LAUGHING
The three amigas

2 comments:

corinna said...

I always enjoy your photos of the seashore. You never fail to capture the energy and emotion of the sea. Thanks for sharing them.

Rick Phillips said...

I adore the laughing horse and the architectural detail. A woman after my own heart. I have pictures of stairways going up. Who knew.