Saturday, October 31, 2009

This Halloween- Express Your Self

I've looked in vain as of late for pics of me as a kid – especially one in particular. A picture taken from the Halloween when I was in 4th grade - my first Halloween (and a year to the day) since my initial diagnoses. I was making up for lost time and was dressed as Princess Tiger Lilly. I'm holding a full size Hershey bar, and my red feather was hanging wrong side down and it brushed against my check.

I distinctly remember saying "Happy Halloween- AND HOW" at every door I knocked on. And YES, I came up with that line on my own! I was SO happy to be out celebrating with my friends.

I walked for miles that night, ate chocolate and relished the fact that I was out with the living on the night celebrating the dead.

I can’t find the pic to save my life. I can’t find many of my kid pics, and I’m a little nervous about that. But I will.

Anyway, I did manage to find a pic of me dressed as Madonna one Halloween, (she’s my Patron Saint of Fabulousness) and I love her.

Anyway, Diabetes or not: “Express yourself” (Madonna pun intended) and have a blast tonight, no matter how you choose to celebrate the evening!

Express Yourself~

Rejoice in the fact that Halloween allows you and or your child to have fun and be creative.

So my friends:

  1. GO FOR IT
  2. Test, and test often
  3. Bolus accordingly
  4. Indulge in both the chocolate and the fantasy of the holiday
  5. HAVE FUN!


Jaimie said...

Love it!

Rachel said...

You rock as Madonna. :)

Colleen said...

I thought of you yesterday at my first pump appointment. Staff in the building were dressed up for Halloween. I told the CDE about your d-day.

larry said...

great picture !

Lora said...

Woo hoo! You are so Vogue. I love this photo, and I love your Halloween attitude. So bolus-worthy!

Diane J Standiford said...

Total Madonna, Go Girl! I wondered how you handle Count Chocula Day.

Hannah said...

That has to be one of the best pics of you ever. :D