Things That Make Me Go Hmmmmmm?
It’s been a while since I’ve published my list of things (diabetes related and otherwise) that I just don’t understand no matter how much I try.
These following things make me go Hmmmmmmm...
The insulin Dawn Phenomenon – Don’t get it, don’t understand it completely,don’t like experiencing it.
Why do people think that those of us with type 1 Diabetes have “the bad kind?"
Why are people so bat shit over someone named Justin Bieber ?
How come my blood sugars can be all sorts of perfecto and than go completely nutburgers for no reason what so ever?
For the life of me, I don't understand why my wonderful, smart, and beautiful 14-year-old cousin is obsessed with the Kardashians
Why is anyone obsessed with the Kardashians?
What’s with used test strip always ending up every place except the trash can?
I have no idea what I’d do for a Klondike Bar, but I do have a whole list of things I wouldn’t do for a Klondike Bar:
- I wouldn’t sell my soul to the devil
- Commit any type of illegal acts- let your imagination run the gambit here folks, the list of illegal acts is way to long to go into detail
- Shave my head and get a map of the world tattoo on said shaved head
- “Dance with the devil in the pale moon light”
- Bungee jump off a bridge, building or cliff
- Walk or crawl through broken glass
- Swim in shark infested waters
- Walk into a lions den
- Fight a grizzly bear
- Spend 24 hours in the desert sans food, water, sunscreen, and tent
- Wrestle an alligator
- Knowingly walk into a den of circus clowns
- Watch any of the Hellraiser movies
- Break bread with racists
- Eat tripe or chickens feet
- Sky Dive
- Listen/watch Glen Beck
- Listen/watch Rush Limbaugh
- Follow Justin Bieber’s tweets
- Listen to people perpetuate diabetes myths and stereotypes and not utter a single word.
Why the hell was this article about a little 11-year-old boy who's England's youngest Bee Keeper with “severe diabetes” even allowed to be published? It’s wrong on every diabetes and journalistic level possible! It’s perpetuating diabetes myths and stereotypes to the public and giving them the wrong diabetes info.
The person who wrote should either be fired for writing sensationalist tripe or write a retraction and redo the story with a positive diabetes spin and correct diabetes facts!
Why are food manufacturers downsizing the foods and raising the prices?
Why is Hollywood doing remakes of EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN? I just saw stills from the Mildred Pierce remake and rumor has it “My Fair Lady” is the next movie to get a makeover! Give us a break!
How come insurance companies only allow us to get new insulin pumps once every four years? Seriously, that’s ridiculous! It’s an intimate object that we wear 23 hours out of 24, 7 days a week. It gets bumped, banged, and bungee pumped (shoutout to http://bittersweet-karen.blogspot.com/ for Bungee Pumping ref) daily. If we put the wear and tare on a car, it would implode into a million pieces of scrap metal in 1 year’s time. Time to rethink your insulin pump limits insurance folks!