“Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.” Unknown
Sometimes when I start to feel down and the self doubt rears its ugly head, I start to think about what's good in my life and what I'm thankful for, and you know what? Not only do I feel better, I feel motivated and blessed and happy!
The following list isn't grand and I basically wrote whatever popped in my head, but it's from the heart and it made me smile when I was done.
So in absolutely no particular order, I am thankful for......
2. Cheese as a free food and finally being able to get the whole Cheese Slut confession off my chest!
3. Good surf
4. Blood Sugar Nirvana in all its forms, including cupcakes
5. Summer fruit and Jersey Tomatoes
6. Fresh Mint in my water
7. The DOC
8. Dodging Doorknobs
11. Laughing so much that my whole body shakes so much that my laughs cease to have sound
12. Harrison Ford movies - And a big thanks to George Lucas for "discovering" him!
13. A-ha moments - both big and little
14. Big hugs from little kidlets
15. Singing out loud and at the top of my lungs in my car when a favorite song plays
16. Fireworks - Both in the sky and in my heart
17. Morning coffee and afternoon iced tea
18. Seeing the good in others & seeing the good in myself
20. The love of my family and friends, including YOU!
So little or big, diabetes related or not, tell me something that you're thankful for!
PS: I wrote this post today and afterwards my insulin pump had very close call - And DIDN'T die. And a few hours after that, I won free cupcakes from @CrumbsBakeShop via "the twitter." So yes, you can bet your sweet aaaaaaa...ammmmazing cupcakes that little things do indeed mean a lot!