Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Calling All Toronto/Great White North Members of The Diabetes On-Line Community


For those Bob & Doug McKenzie fans, the song starts around the 1:24 mark

"Good Day, our topic for today is Canada, as in guess who's going there!'"

After going back and forth way to many times on the dates, my flight is now booked and I'm "taking off to the Great White North," a.k.a, Toronto, Canada on August 15th & returning stateside August 20th.

It's a combo pleasure/work visit and I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm also VERY interested in having a Canadian DOC Meet-up on or around the 18th, somewhere in the fantastical city of Toronto.
If you're up for it and want to get together, either leave me your email address in the comment section and or contact me directly at :kellykunik@gmail.com
BTW, I'm open to suggestions re: locations that you think would work!

It's been YEARS since I've been to Toronto & I can't wait to get back -

And I can't wait to meet up with some Canadian DOCers!

BEAUTY~

8 comments:

Scully said...

You already know I'm in for it. I work, though so not available until evening. Hope I can still catch up

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE this post, K2!! Being a hockey guy out of Detroit, and a Strange Brew fan, it brought so many smiles seeing and hearing that video!! Hope you have a great time in Toronto and hooking up with some Canadian DOC'ers! Having fun is a beauty, eh?

Ilana Lucas said...

Hi Kelly-

I realize I'm just a random quiet DSMA-er, but I'd love to attend a DOC Toronto meetup! I moved back to Toronto from NYC just as I discovered the DOC and have been jealous of all the NYC meetups taking place. Unfortunately I'm booked for a show on the 18th but if it happens to be any day around that day please let me know!

ilana (dot) lucas (at) gmail (dot) com.

Joanne said...

Oh man... my husband is going to be up there on business during that time, and I had thought about going with him (bringing the kids, of course) But then I realized I'm not insane enough to hop on a plane so soon after our Portugal trip.

Now I REALLY wish I was going.

Have fun, and try some Canadian Smarties. They're like M&Ms, but sooooo much better!

Nicole said...

OMGosh, I was just in T.O. for the Friends For Life conference. I would have loved to meet you :(

Have a great time in Canada!!

diabetesgirl said...

Awesome news Kelly! Looking forward to seeing you and giving you a warm DOC welcome - canuck style!

Unknown said...

Have fun Kelly...wanna come see us in VT? Otherwise, I hope to meet you someday when I go to see Penny and Grace. xo

Jen said...

Oh I wish I could be there! I'm in Canada, but at the other end, in Vancouver. I'm sure it will be a great conference and d-meet; I can't wait to read all about it!

I'm attending the ffl tech conference in Seattle in november. Are you planning to attend that one? Would love to arrange a doc meet there!