Thursday, May 10, 2012

YES.YOU.CAN. Revisited.

So a lot of times life is crazy and hectic and scary and overwhelming - Diabetes or not!
And sometimes life has us spinning so much that we just to stop and take a break - To look back at all the good we do instead of focusing on the not so good or near do well of it all
We are living life and doing our best - and living and doing and being are wonderful things.
So as I was going over previous diabetes blog posts and contemplating a revisit, I thought I'd repost the following from last year. 
YES. YOU. CAN  originally posted on May 18th of 2011 - It's been damn close to a year since then and I guess I needed a little reminding~
#######

It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not. ~Author Unknown
Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right. ~Henry Ford
I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn't fall down. ~Allen H. Neuharth
If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. ~Vincent Van Gogh
I am not a has-been. I am a will be. ~Lauren Bacall
I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me! Stuart Smalley
#######
Sometimes, diabetes or not, life gets us down and self doubt slowing tries to slowly creep around us and cover us tightly, like some sort of stifling cocoon that we must find a way to bust out of, ASAP.
We find ourselves second guessing decisions that we know to be right, which tends to make us stop in our tracks because we fear the possibility of both success and failure.
It’s a crappy feeling that no one in Diabetes Land or on planet Earth is immune to.
So, when you start feeling that way, it’s really important to tell yourself
that you can do and be anything!

And it's important to tell yourself that.....


 YOU CAN INDEED "DO IT!"

Because it's true - even if you're not quite convinced.
And the more you actually say that you can do anything and that you are indeed fantastical, the more you'll actually believe it - And in yourself!

No comments: