Monday, October 13, 2014

Diabetesalicious Lite: Some Stuff Not Related To My Low Blood Sugar Hangover, Edition.

Currently dealing with a low blood sugar hangover that occurred this morning at 4:30 a.m and resulted in a 7 a.m. 297 blood sugar. 
I'm not going to focus too much on it because I just don't feel like it. 
I have a lot of work to do, holiday or not - and what went up, did indeed go down - even if it took all freaking morning and took up way to much of my brain's bandwidth. 
Instead, I'm focusing on some cool links of the Diabetesalicious Lite variety~ 

Are you looking for gluten free candy and carb counts? 
If so, check out THIS POST over at Children With Diabetes  - It's a list of gluten free candy/carb count - AWESOME. 
Do you know who Diabetes Canine Shero Marjorie is?? Click HERE and find out - And get your cool Marjorie shirt while you can! All sales of the shirt benefit The Diabetes Media Foundaton. 
On October 16th 4pm, EST my first friend with diabetes, Joe Soloweijcyk's being being interviewed over at tudiabetes.org about his amazing book, "A Type 1 Diabetes Guide To The Universe."  
I've read the book and it's awesome, as is Joe.  So tune in, you'll be glad you did. 
And download the book, already! 
Speaking of tudiabetes.org and things that occur in October, October 20th is the kickoff of the #bigbluetest
between October 20th and November 20th, 
The #bigbluetest is EASY. All you need to do is: 
  1. If you have diabetes you test their blood sugar (no diabetes? no testing!)
  2. You exercise for at least 14-20 minutes.
  3. You test your blood sugar again (again, only if you're a PWD)
  4. You share their experience on BigBlueTest.org or through the app for iPhone or Android.
  5. It's super easy, it's free, and it helps you and others living with diabetes! 
  6. And here's the kicker: For every result that's shared, The Diabetes Hands Foundation will grant 1$ in support of people with diabetes, globally. READ more about #thebigbluetest, HERE. 
Some Non Diabetes related links: 
Here's a list (courtesy of Mashable,) of 18 products versions that cost more, simply because they are made for women. Bullshit Factor, threat level: INFINITY.

My niece Cristin's show, "A to Z" premiered a few weeks ago on NBC and it's AWESOME. 
If you haven't watched it, you need to. It's on every Thursday on NBC, at 9:30, EST. 
I'm incredibly proud of Cristin and I think the show is really smart and funny, much like my niece! 
And I love that for the past 7 years I've been able to share Cristin's success with The Diabetes Online Community. Seriously, it makes me smile - And I love to smile, smiling's my favorite! 

2 comments:

Laddie said...

I'm taping A to Z but haven't watched it yet. Fortunately we have a new DVR that has tons more storage than our old one. So some day soon I will have an A to Z marathon knowing that Cristen is too fantastic for words!

(I made this comment initially through Feedly and It crashed my app as it did last time I tried to make a comment on your blog. Or did it register even though Feedly crashed? I use an iPad 2 which sadly is struggling with memory issues. Fortunately I always copy comments before I press enter, but I know with your blog that I need to open it straight out of Safari. Am I the only one who has problems? I know once I embarrassed myself by repeating a comment to you 5 or 6 times. I promise that I am not a dotty old woman....)

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE A to Z!