As ColgateTotal® and The American Diabetes Association’s #30daysofLOL comes to an end, I’ve had a lot of fun - and I’ve also been continually reminded of certain constants re: living the D life, and learned a few important lessons in the process.
Humor: Coping with diabetes is a lot easier when you can laugh - Humor is what keeps me sane when diabetes is on the edge of driving me bonkers.
Community: The DOC (Diabetes Online Community,) is who keeps me sane when diabetes is on the edge of driving me bonkers.
Type 3’s matter: People who love someone with diabetes (Type 3s,) lighten our load and make us smile.
Every Diabetes Voice Matters: Keep using yours!
- Sugary snacks are not the best for our teeth - OK, I already knew that - but I tend to selectively block that fact out every now and then and for many reasons, namely chocolate and caramel
- People with diabetes are at twice the risk for developing gum disease.
These facts scare me because I worked in a Dentist’s office for a time and I saw things that brought the above facts to life, and I want my teeth and gums to stay healthy for two reasons
- Vanity, maintaining my healthy smile
3. I brush my teeth a lot - I even carry my own toothpaste - but I didn’t know that brushing for two minutes at a 45 degree angle, every time we brush our teeth is important
4. Also, I didn’t know that 2 minutes worth of brushing is about the length of a pop song (SEE VIDEO,) or that t3 Joey Fatone’s Dad has diabetes.
Sidebar and FTR: Joey Fatone still has mad Robot, groovy dance moves. Again - SEE VIDEO.
So to all those who participated, posted, liked, tweeted, retweeted and shared in the #30DaysofLOL fun - THANKS from the bottom of my busted pancreas!
ColgateTotal® and The American Diabetes Association thanks you too!
ColgateTotal® has created the #30DaysofLOL Word Game graphic below so you can continue getting your silly on~