Monday, December 3, 2018

#DTM2018: The Diabetes EcoSystem

A few weeks ago I attended the Diabetes Technology Society's 18th annual Diabetes Technology Meeting  (#DTM2018 on the twitter,) in Bethesda, Maryland on November, 8th, 9th, and 10th. 

It was an excellent opportunity to listen to lectures from diabetes tech-heads, FDA, researchers, scientists, healthcare professionals, and to learn more about the latest diabetes and dtech advances for people with diabetes. 
A tremendous amount of information was discussed at a rapid fire pace - as in it made my head spin - but in a great way. 
I’m glad I was able to experience it. 

Full Disclosure: I was able to attend thanks to Ascensia Diabetes Care, who sent me there to cover the event as their Guest Reporter. Ascensia covered all my expenses, (travel, lodging, meals,) and provided me with an honorarium for my time and my talent. 
As always - All thoughts are mine and mine alone. 

My first of two #DTM2018 articles is up on Ascensia's website, mapping out the topography of the Diabetes Ecosystem, its parts and booming expansion - and how “people with diabetes are more than the twin of their diabetes data. We represent what the data cannot articulate - the living, breathing, real life component of diabetes. Our voices need to be included on panels and discussions when it comes to diabetes tech.”

Click HERE and give it a read! 


No comments: