Sunday, November 9, 2014

Dear DOC: Today Marks 7 Years of Diabetes Blogging. THANK-YOU



Dear DOC : 
Today marks 7 years that I’ve been blogging about living with diabetes and I honestly, 
I can’t believe it. 
I can’t believe it’s only been 7 years since I started writing about my life with diabetes.  
Sidebar: Thank-you, Halle.   
By taking that leap into blogging and the online world, I've found an amazing community that has changed my life for the better.
Blogging has given me a community whose citizens I consider friends who are family. 
And this amazing community continues to be there for me - through the good, the bad, and the diabetesaliciousness of it all. 
Because of you I’ve found my voice and my passion, and I've developed a better understanding of myself...and of others. 
YOU taught me to listen and learn form others stories and experiences in life, and life with diabetes. 

Thank you for always inspiring, supporting and teaching me. 
Thank you for me making me smile and allowing me to cry. 
Thanks for encouraging me and giving me a helping hand whenever I’ve been in need of one. 

And thank you for continually challenging me to become a better version of myself. 
In return, I hope that I’ve somehow done the same for you.

I love you, I’m grateful for you and I will always fight for you and have your back. 
Thank you for having mine. 

Together as a community we move mountains - alone we trudge up hills. 
And as always, we are in this together.

I love you guys so flipping much!
Xoxo

k2 

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Thank you for always inspiring, supporting and teaching US.
Thank you for making US smile and allowing US to cry.
Thanks for encouraging US and giving US a helping hand whenever WE'VE been in need of one.
You really are quite amazing and fun!

Laddie said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Having blogged for a year and a half, I wonder if I will make it to 2 years. I don't know how you have kept it going so wonderfully for 7 years. You are a great communicator (I would say writer, but your vlogs are also very powerful) and always manage to go for the jugular when it comes to expressing life with diabetes.

StephenS said...

Somehow, seven years doesn't seem like a lot, until I think that... wow... you started in 2007?

Actually, I don't care if you started yesterday. I identify with you, I share your views, and I root for your happiness. Thanks for sharing your life these seven years. I'm happy to know you.

Scott E said...

At first, I wondered how you ever made it to seven whole years of this! But I think I know the answer -- it's your passion. Your passion towards getting the message out, your passion towards making right out of wrong, your passion towards helping others, and your passion to open yourself up so that others can help you.

That's why you've kept up this blog for seven years, and it's why we keep coming back to read it.

Allison Nimlos said...

So glad to have you in the community! I can't believe it's been so long. I still love that first post of yours. :) Hope to see you again soon!

Anonymous said...

You are an Incredible influence! My Son will be 14 in late January.. T1d since 2 years. He is going into High School next year and I need advice!

Mike Hoskins said...

Congrats on the DOC-aversary, and THANK YOU for being an ever-lasting inspiration and force of awesomeness in my world and for this community. Sending a virtual cupcake your way, K2! :)

Karen said...

Yay!!!! Happy blogaversary!