Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wait, What's Behind That Door?

So when I travel for non diabetes related reasons, (and for diabetes related reasons, come to think of it) I always seem to find things that immediately remind me of the DOC. 
My recent trip to Delray Beach was no different~
#######
I was in Delray Beach, Florida this past February, visiting with my family and I stayed at a grand old Historical Landmark Hotel called The Colony .
Many times over the years, I've stayed at The Colony with my mom and sister - I have good memories when it comes to The Colony - really good memories - and it's one of my favorite hotels on the planet. 
Old fashioned grandeur, daily breakfast in the atrium every morning, a band on the veranda almost every night and a well equipped bar right off the porch. 
A fab beach club & beautiful and reasonably priced rooms with a grand old Florida feel. 
Also: The Colony is smack dab in the middle of EVERYTHING. 
 And I LOVED and appreciated spending time with my extended family and saw them every day - And I even managed to break bread with of a couple of my DOC family pals. 
The first night at the hotel, I walked through the one of the grand all purpose rooms off the main lobby and saw a strange light illuminating from the door - It was magical and mystical and I thought I recognized a familiar image. 
What the heck was illuminating from behind this door? 
Wait, WHAT? 
It is!
I don't even drink Diet Coke, or any diet soda,  but of course I thought of all my
Diabetes Online Community Diet Coke fanatics (dare I say freaks) when I saw this!

And for some reason, I found this whole concept to be cool - REALLY COOL and all sorts of DOC warm and fuzzy. 
Also: *CLINK* 

5 comments:

Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy) said...

Used to live in Delray - miss it so much. The Colony is such a great place eh? :)

Ahhh, Diet Coke...my first true love LOL ;)

Mike Hoskins said...

I like that door. :)

Colleen said...

Funny!

Scott K. Johnson said...

Best. Door. EVER! :-)

lol accounts said...

That is anything essentially many Minecraft: Pocketbook gamers are seeking due to the fact almost dating back to the actual game's initial discharge.In the end with this holding out, participant themes are now coming to the experience.There will be the alternative make use of you fiber Charlie plus a unexampled women default figure branded Alex.Combined with replacement for decide on female or male, avid gamers can also produce custom skin for his or her fiber. boost lol
boosting lol