Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dearest DOC- Thank You

Dearest DOC:

THANK-YOU.

Thank you for always being there for me and welcoming me into your world with open arms.

Thank you for writing posts that sometimes make laugh, sometimes make me cry, but ALWAYS make me learn.

Thank you for allowing my diabetes voice to become more developed and defined, while still remaining a unique one among so many wise.

I learn so much from each and every one of you in Dblogville that it truly boggles the mind!

From the parents I learn about heartbreak, tenacity, and ALWAYS putting the ones you love before yourselves.

From the Type 1’s I’ve learned about my own issues and I see each and every one of you in myself.

For the Type 2’s, I’ve learn that your struggles are just as challenging as mine. I have come to realize that while we have different types of Diabetes, we are all still persons with diabetes. I am so GRATEFUL for that.

To the Type 1.5’s, you’ve shown me that there is another type of Diabetes entirely.

For those of you who struggle with Gestational Diabetes, you’ve taught me about sacrifice.

To the type 3’s you’ve shown me the other side of the diabetes coin. You’ve given me an intimate glimpse of how my diabetes affects the people who love me.

I love you all, and am so thankful to be part of your world.

Because of you, every single day I feel like I’m part of a whirlwind force in the world of diabetes- AND WE KICK ASS!

Lots of love, luck, laughter, and continued good health (faulty pancreases & all) to each and every one of you!!

K2~

16 comments:

Lee Ann Thill said...

We love you too, k2! You give as much as you receive, and that's why you're so awesome :)

Crystal said...

Beautiful. You and the post. Thank you for You!!! ((hugs))

George said...

You are a major part of my diabetes life as is the entire D-OC. you are my support and I love you for it!

Jaimie said...

to be able to connect to such a special person like you is such an overwhelming & blessed feeling...

the post is nothing short of amazing!

(yea pass the tissues, damn allergies, it's one of those days...thinking & thinking...)

phonelady said...

give your mom an extra hug she did an excellent job with you . You are super and thanks for sharing and posting this great blog dear .

Rachel said...

Thank YOU!

Lea said...

You're the best, Kelly!! You've gotten me through more than one difficult day, so thank YOU!! :)

Shannon said...

Thank you for being YOU. It helps us parents tremendously to see someone with diabetes live life like there's no tomorrow.

BTW, what the heck is Type 3? I've been out of the loop too long.

Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy) said...

Amen, sister :-)

Reem said...

superawesome, kelly! (and i'm referring to you here, not just the post! ;)

Cherise said...

Awww!!!!! Beautiful post!!! You are awesome and than you for allowing me to be apart of your world! You are a gift.

Scott S said...

I am grateful that you are adding humor to the otherwise dreary diabetes management curriculum!!

Nan said...

love this, k2! it is so wonderful and amazing that at anytime, i can put up 1 sentence on twitter or a comment on a blog and have someone respond who truly understands...someone like...hey...like you!!!

meanderings said...

What a great post! You're pretty awesome yourself!!

Cara said...

Aw! I think you're wonderful. :) I'm so glad for your being a part of the D-OC. It makes my world a better place.

Lora said...

Dear Kelly:

Thank you for being there, for loving cupcakes, for being funny and liking all the same things. You rock, you roll, you're fabulous, darling. The DOC wouldn't be half as cool without you in it.