After spending the past four days at the JDRF Government Day Program, I'm tired and bleary eyed, and filled with hope and happiness!
I woke up to piles of work and an inbox that's full - And missing the people that I just spent the last four days with very much! DOC/ Diabetes event withdraw is a real bummer!
A detailed post all about the JDRF Government Day experience will appear very soon, but until then, I thought I'd leave you with a sneak peak in the form of some Key phrases & words that keep playing in my head whenever I think of the past four days.
Like much of what goes through my head, the list is in no particular order.
- Note to self: Avoid the quiet car at all costs
- Confessional Cab
- Artificial Pancreas
- Representing The DOC on a Panel was an honor & The DOC was with us in Spirit - And on Twitter & Ustream
- Personal stories that made me cry
- Note To Self: Buy & wear waterproof mascara to any event/conference that's diabetes related
- Type 1 parents who once again blew me away with their love and dedication
- Siblings of adults and children with diabetes who fight the good fight
- Diabetes Research in the form of technology saves lives
- Remembering the way it used to be before technology & explaining to others who weren't there
- Diabetes Cure
- A unicorn called Sprinkles always makes things interesting
- Adults with type 1 and type 1.5 having a place for support
- Meeting a NaturallySweett friend in irl
- The Princess, her pump & her family make me laugh
- Dinner involving DOCers, cupcakes & insulin always = a good time!
- Grinning so much that my smile muscles hurt! :)
- Thanking the folks on Capital Hill for supporting research funding last year
- Telling the folks on "The Hill" what we go through and how important getting technology pushed through the FDA is to those living with diabetes
- Amazing Type 3s
- Learning from one another
- Running on pure adrenaline, not sleep
- The importance of MyFi - Or in our case, Scott Johnson's MiFi
- Being thankful to The JDRF for the opportunity to learn from and represent all branches of my diabetes family.
A real post to follow - So stay tuned!
can't wait to read!! and I always wear "tear" proof mascara to all T1 functions. There is just something about it, you never know when the tears will start to run but they ALWAYS make an appearance!!
Can't wait to hear all about it!!!
Thank you for advocating for all of us in D.C.! Can't wait to read more!
I recommend Lancome - I am known for my mascara-knowledge-base. I have trialed many and consider myself an expert. :)
Now...onto the Round Table...YOU.ROCKED.IT. I thank you for your words. They brought tears to my eyes and warmed my heart. I am amazed I went 3.5 years into Joe's journey with type 1 in his life without the DOC. You guys have lightened my load for sure.
number 17 is my favorite <3
#18 is my favorite!!! We had so much fun meeting you! And oh my goodness.... I think I cried constantly! I thought, "dinner.... That should be safe!". Uh..... NO! I thought might sob during the "State of the Foundaton" dinner/speech! Love you so much, Kelly!! So glad we got to meet you irl!!
Can't wait to hear more!
The roundtable was amazing You are amazing.
Love the list, cant wait to read more!!!
Can't wait to read the upcomings...your list is both comforting and exciting to read. ;)
Thanks for blogging and advocating!!!
In regards to #13: http://www.etsy.com/listing/69764017/dear-noah-letterpress-card
Post a Comment