Wednesday, May 18, 2011

YES. YOU. CAN.

It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not. ~Author Unknown

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right. ~Henry Ford

I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn't fall down.
~Allen H. Neuharth

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
~Vincent Van Gogh

I am not a has-been. I am a will be. ~Lauren Bacall
#######


Sometimes, diabetes or not, life gets us down and self doubt slowing tries to slowly creep around us and cover us tightly, like some sort of stifling cocoon that we must find a way to bust out of, ASAP.


We find ourselves second guessing decisions that we know to be right, which tends to make us stop in our tracks because we fear the possibility of both success and failure.


It’s a crappy feeling that no one in Diabetes Land or on planet Earth is immune to.


So, when you start feeling that way, it’s really important to tell yourself


that you can do & be anything!


And it's important to tell yourself that.....



And that YOU CAN INDEED "DO IT!"

Because it's true - even if you're not quite convinced.
And the more you actually say that you can do anything and that you are indeed fantastical, the more you'll actually believe it - And in yourself!

7 comments:

Kim said...

I am giving you a standing ovation in my head.

LOVE THIS!

Sarah/@smartDpants said...

xoxoxo thanks, k2. A little "yes. you. can." right back at you too!!

Denise aka Mom of Bean said...

so need to make sure that tape in my head plays encouraging words...too many times it gets stuck on negative!

u r #1, 2!!

Renata said...

WORD TO YA MUTHA!

GingerVieira said...

Hellllls yes, Miss KK! I remember a few years ago I realized I was saying really negative things about my own appearance in my head. So I thought, "I'm gonna push those out by filling my head with were more positive things. Even if I don't believe them now, I will soon."

"I am beautiful! I can! I am beautiful! I can!"

xoxoxox

AmyT said...

Needed that today. Thank you, Kelly.

Unknown said...

:) I so needed that yesterday. I was feeling "eh". Chopped off my hair, zebra-striped it all in about 25 minutes in my bathroom...hopped on the scale this morning...down 2#. I don't think the loss was from the hair :)

I am in a good mood. Thanks for reinforcing that.

P.S. Word Verification is "hylitte"...hmmmmmmm