Thursday, September 1, 2011

Diabetes Art Day 2011


Can you spot all the diabetes supplies? "Eye" Think you can!
Photo courtesy of my iPhone


I'm no Picasso, and the past two weeks have been incredibly hectic and stressful re: my mother's health scare, but I wanted to do something to support and promote the second annual DIABETES ART DAY.
So I took the 5 free minutes I had this morning and created the above.
Then, I snapped my creation with my iphone, mailed it to myself, and when I got to the hospital this afternoon after work, I uploaded it to my laptop and wrote my post!
I will say that the 5 minutes of focusing on something fun and creative made today much less stressful!
Lee Ann Thill of "The Butter Compartment," created Diabetes Art Day to promote the benefit of art therapy for diabetes. And I have to tell you - Working on the above for just 5 minutes but a smile on my face and lowered my stress level 50% !

While this year's submission isn't as creative as my 2010 submission, I'm so glad I participated!

Be sure to follow the #DArtDay hashtag on the twitter!

3 comments:

Lee Ann Thill said...

Thank you so much for taking that 5 minutes to join, k2! This is a really beautiful example of a little going a long way, my friend :)

PS I <3 you and the DOC too!

Heidi / D-Tales said...

No doubt about it, art is good for the soul. :)

Sending positive thoughts and healing vibes to your mother!

shannon said...

the good news is, i think the feeling's mutual between you and the DOC. ;)

still sending pos vibes your way. glad to hear this provided a nice break for you.