Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Diabetes Awareness Month: Photo A Day - #Advocate

Today's Diabetes Awareness Month, #dmpad photo prompt is the word #advocate  - As in advocate & advocating for diabetes - And not just during November, but all year long. 

I went a little crazy with InstaCollage app and literally had to stop myself from making collages - Hence two  pictures instead of one - You're lucky - Instacollage is addicting!

As far as advocating - Little ripples make huge waves when it comes advocating for diabetes. 
Advocating happens both online and off, in line at the post office, at school or Capital Hill.   Diabetes Advocating works one-on-one or in front of a crowd. 

Why do I advocate for people with diabetes? 
I advocate for people who are walking in my shoes and whose shoes I once wore. 

I advocate for others because by helping others I end up helping myself. 

I advocate for those that are new to the diabetes game and those that have been around for decades - And I learn from everyone I meet and advocate for and with.

I advocate for those who are no longer here, but who are with me every step of the way. 


And I advocate for Kelly of the past, present and future. 
For the little girl I was when I was diagnosed,  and for the woman that advocating for diabetes & finding the diabetes online community is helping me to become.

No comments: