Sunday, November 3, 2013

Today Was Perfect - Even When My Diabetes Was Anything But~

Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. 
Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress. - Bruce Barton 
#####
Today was one of those days filled with the love of wonderful friends who are family, food in the form of lobster mac N cheese, salads, veggies, cupcakes in multiple sizes and flavors and a Winter Sangria that was outstanding!!

There was copious amounts of love and laughter and memories from long ago.
 Today we celebrated a baby who arrives in a few months and who will create new and amazing memories for all of us who already love him, sight unseen~

Yep, today was perfect. 

As far diabetes was concerned - Today was far from perfect - And I'm still waiting for my blood sugar to come down. 

But here's the thing: Regardless of diabetes misbehaving - It didn't become the main focus of this perfect day - And I win~

3 comments:

Holly said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds worth it!! Yum, what a gathering. : )

Hope you come down soon! And you're right, it's usually worth it. Mary Claire had a Red Velvet cupcake she picked out last night, but was too high to eat last night..so she had it for breakfast! Wrong on so many levels, but sometimes..you just go with it. : ) Hugs!

Laddie said...

A lovely post about how wonderful a day can be along with acceptance of yourself and your diabetes.

Scott S said...

I hear you. The think is, diabetes rears its ugly head sometimes when it wasn't invited and you try to work around it. I was in DC a few weeks ago and things were going pretty well, and all of a sudden, my Dexcom alarmed and I thought it was low because I totally SWAGed my meal bolus at a restaurant, but it wasn't low, it was high so I checked with a fingerstick. $#!t ... 260 and rising. Correction, here I come. Why couldn't it give me just one day off?! That's why I'm only lukewarm to the "Day with Diabetes" ... it should be more like a week with diabetes, because a day isn't enough to get a true taste. Maybe next year!!