Monday, May 19, 2014

Diabetes Blog Week Day 7: Favorites - With A Twist~

Diabetes Blog Week 2014 officially ended yesterday and what a crazy & wonderful week it was! But here's the thing: I'm still behind in reading all of the fantastical  #dblogweek posts - So I don't feel right picking day seven's subject matter - favorite things in the form of posts,  (and honestly, picking favorites is really hard to do,) until I've completed the task of reading them all. 
Instead, I'm going to share my favorite parts and feelings of Diabetes Blog Week. 

Diabetes Blog Week takes a series of topics and allows each participant to put their own D spin on them. And as Diabetes Online Community members, we are given the gift of viewing those subjects through hundreds of different voices - And I love the sound of the voices, individually and collectively. 
I love the creative writing challenge, the connections and the different POVs on the same subject matters.
And I absolutely love that because of Diabetes Blog Week, we become inspired by new diabetes blogs and discover wonderful and inspiring things about the people behind the blogs we've already come to know and love. 
And you know that combined feeling of exhaustion and being reignited by the whirling dervish of Diabetes blog Week (plus a few days) of nonstop diabetes blog reading? 
I LOVE THAT TOO!

The DOC is an amazing community that is continually growing, evolving and inspiring & Diabetes Blog Week reinforces the gifts of our community in all dimensions. 

1 comment:

Mike Hoskins said...

Completely agree, Kel. Even if we'd read them all, how would it be possible to ever pick faves?! I love them all, and they all speak to me in one way or another -- if nothing more than just being a fellow D-peep who's sharing a part of their story from the heart and mind. Love being able to read so many different takes, but really do like the creative spins the most. Thanks for all your posts and D-Blog Week activity, and I'm right there with you on needing to read on...