A. I’m working onseveral new posts, including one on my thoughts on the Omnipod 5, one on local D buddies. Happy to say that blog posts in process are very real and will be posted soon and I am so very glad and thankful!
B. Today is my 45th Diaversary! Yep, today marks 45 years of living with diabetes. 45 years ago a little girl with a big imagination and extensive vocabulary entered the hospital on Halloween morning with a busted pancreas and was diagnosed with T1.
This year’s celebration is quiet, mostly because it’s Monday during a week that requires a lot of juggling on my end.
Every year on October 31st I write a list of things I’m grateful for and in no particular order. Here’s this year’s list.
- Cheese - in all shapes and forms
- My nieces and nephews
- Good books
- Tasty tea - super addicted to Rooibos
- Salt air
- Dark chocolate topped with sea-salt
- The color green
- Cheeseburger, medium rare, topped with the works - bonus points for jalapeños
- Vintage Costume Jewelry - I collect it
- “Real Jewelry.” I collect that too :)
- Dogs. Dogs are awesome and I’ll fight you on that
- Cooking for the people I love
- Making a tasty meal from scratch for myself. Cleaning up after? Not so much
- Traveling - I miss traveling. I need to travel. I have over 55,000 air miles - time to cash them in
- The color yellow. I love yellow - it reminds me of my mom and daffodils and the sun. Truth be told I had a thing for yellow and purple as a little girl. Still do
- Really good extra virgin olive oil
- Exploring - going to a new place and discovering its nooks and crannies; locals and spots that make said place magic
- Photography - I love taking pictures
- Spicy sushi
- A meal out with friends
- Atlantic City Italian bread. GOOGLE IT
- My DOC family and friends - you are my Friends For Life
- Swimming in the ocean
- Peanut Butter
- My friends kids
- Hanging out with my nieces and nephews as friends
- The smell of honeysuckle bushes
- Live theater
- Going to the movies
- A horse named Stormy
- A dog named Misty
- A cat named kidden
- Serving my tea from a yellow porcelain teapot I bought for 10 bucks at an estate sale years ago
- Presecco and wine
- Tito’s Vodka
- golden hour
- The beach
- My parents
- My sister
- My busted pancreas, aka my diabetes dragon. FTR, I've made friends with my diabetes dragon - her name is Mabel
Happy Diaversary Kelly!!
Oh darn it Kelly you gained on me again. Every year you creep up on me one more year and what does that mean I have to do? Yeah, I have to get another year. That is OK, I recall my 45th. But wait until you get to 48. Now that one really rocks. :)
Happy diaveresary, I hope you pass me over many times over.
I need to make such a list -Happy 45th ... you're crushing it... your kindness and helping others with Diabetes navigate the challenges they encounter is so important. Keep rocking it.
My dearest Kelly, I'm so glad you're writing again. I have to get back in my writing game soon enough but I'm busy surviving at the moment.
My diaversary is creeping in (February will be here before I'm ready) and I always think of you, and how wonderful it has been to have you in my life, to know that I can in fact, get to celebrate and acknowledge my diaversaries just like Dear KK!
You are such a badass and I can't wait to hug you in person one day, buy some really good bread and butter and enjoy it together!
In the meantime, I wish you more good things in life, and lots of hugs for the rough days.
Also, you can always come to San Diego with those miles! I'd be happy to show you around :)
Post a Comment