Monday, April 25, 2016

Thanks DOC, The 2nd #IwishPeopleKnewThatDiabetes Day Was A SuccessBecause of YOU.




The 2nd annual #IwishPeopleKnewThatDiabetes Day on Twitter, Facebook and the blogosphere was a success and I’m so grateful and happy. 
Honestly, I was worried because I’d been traveling for the majority of April ( 3 conferences that I still need to finish posts for,) right up until last Sunday night and I was worried that I might not have gotten the word out in time. 

But once again, the Diabetes Online Community came through and hit the hashtag out of the park and across all social media platforms!
THANK-YOU

By 1:23 am on the morning of Wednesday, April 20th, the hashtag had already generated 
2,987,152 twitter impressions thanks to Australia, NewZealand, Japan and Kenya.

By 10:57 pm the night of the 20th, the hashtag’s twitter impressions had reached 14,117,989.

And according to Trendinalia, we were the 24th most popular hashtag on twitter. 
Personally, I  believe we would have cracked the top twenty if it hadn’t been for so many hashtags devoted to the 420 genre. 

As of this morning, there are 16,238,322 #IwishPeopleKnewThatDiabetes twitter impressions in one week.  And since April 17th, 2015, the hashtag has generated 
40,791, 919 twitter impressions - ALL BECAUSE OF YOU

1..  Special thanks to every member of the diabetes online community and from the bottom of my busted pancreas because YOU made the second annual  #IwishPeopleKnewThatDiabetes Day and #IwishPeopleKnewThatDiabetes.Org happen

2. Individual shout-outs to Renza , Grainne, and Cherise, for keeping me sane and Mike Lawson for keeping me sane & creating the logos, and my brother-in-law C, for dealing handling the website hustle and flow~ 

Special thanks to the following Diabetes Orgs:

JDRF; TypeOneNation, The American Diabetes Association, the Canadian Diabetes AssociationDiabetes Australia, Diabetes Tasmania, Diabetes UK, Thriveabetes Ireland, Diabetescaf, Diabetes Sisters, Diabetes Hands Foundation, The Plaid Journalchildrenwithdiabetes, Diabetes - ConnectionsProjectBlueNovember, DiabetesPac Diabetes_Kenya, #OzDOC, OZDiabetesOC,, YLDIntDiabFed, DiabetesNSW, Alegrija Mecadonia
Medtronic, Roche, Diabetes Innovations
If I missed your diabetes Org or company, please correct me by leaving a comment and I will add yours to the list, ASAP.
I'm still going through the just under 5000 tweets and many facebook posts.  

I tried to keep a list, but I will admit that I didn’t do a great job of it.

HUGE shout-outs to the countries who participated in #IwishPeopleKnewThatDiabetes, and who are continuing to do so. Including, but not limited to the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Kenya, Argentina, Columbia, Mexico, Porto Rico,  England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany, Mecedonia, Sweden and Holland. 
If I missed your country - PLEASE leave a comment letting me know what country you’re from and I will add. 

And lastly, but certainly not least, I will be linking 2016 #IwishPeopleKnewThatDiabetes Blog posts here and IwishPeopleKnewThatDiabetes.Org .
Sidebar: IwishPeopleKnewthatDiabetes.org is looking for submissions - so go for it!

I’m still reading all the posts so if you wrote one, leave a comment with the link and I'll read yours and add it to the mix!

https://diabetogenic.wordpress.com/2016/04/22/iwishpeopleknewthatdiabetes/

https://indpendence.com/2016/04/25/purpose/

https://www.below-seven.com/2016/04/25/iwishpeopleknewthatdiabetes/

https://happy-medium.net/2016/04/20/its-back-iwishpeopleknewthatdiabetes/

https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/what-we-wish-people-knew-about-diabetes-270237/

http://www.livetolovediabetes.com/iwishpeopleknewthat-diabetes-day/

http://twicediabetes.com/i-wish-people-knew-about-diabetes/


http://travelbetic.com/2016/04/21/iwishpeopleknewthatdiabetes-has-an-online-community-that-changed-my-life/?platform=hootsuite

1 comment:

Rick Phillips said...

41 Million plus impressions is awesome. What a terrific success Kelly. I had a blast participating. Wow what a great event, I cannot wait for 2017.

I referred your blog to the TUDiabetes web page for the week of April 18, 2016.