Friday, August 5, 2016

I Don't Feel Like Diabetes Today - But Thanks To The DOC, I'm A Buttercup, So I will~

Because when you know you're not alone, you can "suck it up,Buttercup," with the best of them~
######
Today I am a Buttercup~
I don’t feel like doing diabetes today. 
Yep, I don’t feel like bloody dealing with diabetes in any shape or form.
And today for some reason, the thought of constantly checking my blood sugars and counting carbs each time I contemplate putting food into my body/ wondering if I need a correction bolus to even things out, makes me want to scream.

Nor do I feel like dealing with a lunchtime elevated blood sugar and downing tons of water that will make me pee like a racehorse. 
I’m annoyed that after three days of damn near perfect numbers, I stubbornly waited to switch out my site and paid for my bull-headedness with a 263 #bgnow.
I don’t feel like worrying that this brand new pump infusion site, may or may not syphon insulin and I didn't like realizing after the fact, that I placed said infusion site in a spot that will be difficult to access when I go swimming on the beach this weekend. 
If the site does indeed suck up insulin as opposed to just sucking, I can already see myself struggling to disconnect and connect  - sitting on my beach chair and draping myself in towels, stretching my legs and the leg of my bathing suit towards my chest and fumbling until I hear the “click” that means insulin will once again be subcutaneous flowing through my body. 

Of course I could put in a new site, but real-estate is valuable on the island of Kelly K, and if this site does work I  wont replace it until Sunday morning. 
Speaking of insulin - I don’t feel like worrying that my insulin will go skunky because tomorrow the humidity will be back with a vengeance.

Yep, I don’t feel like dealing with diabetes today. 

I will, because I must - and so will you.

But it feels really good to say I don’t feel like dealing with diabetes today, because somehow saying it out-loud/typing it out-loud and sharing those wordsfor all the world to see, and giving me the strength to “suck it up, Buttercup, it” and do what needs to be done. 

Sharing these thoughts with you reinforces the fact that I am not in this alone, which means I can "suck it up, Buttercup," with the best of them! 

So thanks guys and carry on!  

3 comments:

Rick Phillips said...

Oh, I had no doubt you could go on. Heck, you have been helping me suck it up for a few years.

I referred your blog to the TUDiabetes.org blog page for the week of August 1, 2016.

Grainne Flynn said...

No better woman, Kelly! Hugs to you!

S Mc/ A Diabetic Abroad said...

I love that you look for the bright side even on the bad days, Kelly!!